About Us

Qualifying as an insolvency practitioner

Insolvency work carried out under the Insolvency Act 1986 is regulated – for example, acting as a liquidator or an administrator for a company, acting as a trustee in bankruptcy or acting as a supervisor of a voluntary arrangement. Only an insolvency practitioner can undertake these roles.

Only individuals (not firms or companies, etc) may act as insolvency practitioners.  To become a licensed insolvency practitioner, you must first pass the Joint Insolvency Examination Board (JIEB) exams.

Latest Announcements